Long COVID Switzerland
Long COVID Schweiz
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland.
Long Covid Schweiz
Long Covid Switzerland
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland. The main objectives LCS is fighting for are:
1. Recognition of Long Covid as a medical condition and awareness among the medical profession/population/policy-makers.
2. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of Long Covid, especially definition of criteria/symptoms for diagnosis (independent of test results).
3. Multidisciplinary research, consultations, support and rehabilitation programmes for/on Long Covid
- Covid SchweizLong Covid Schweiz also works with Altea Netzwerk a private initiative that’s aiming to support Long covid sufferers.
- There’s also a Swiss-French group
- A crowd lobbying initiative in Switzerland
- Federal Public Health Office on Long Covid
- Website of LCS has more than 10,000 visits, is main information hub on long covid. Facebook group with 1,700 members, twitter handle with >1,500 followers.
- LCS jointly with epidemiologists from Zurich University initiated Long Covid Citizen Science Board, won seed grant from UZH and ETH to finance the project. Goal is that sufferers of Long covid and ME/CFS define research priorities
- LCS helped set up and cooperates with Altea Netzwerk, an initiative that aims to support Long Covid sufferers
- Long Covid is being discussed in Swiss parliament based on several MP motions, which were supported by LCS (but not initiated by LCS)