Long COVID Switzerland
Long COVID Schweiz
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland.
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland. The main objectives LCS is fighting for are:
1. Recognition of Long Covid as a medical condition and awareness among the medical profession/population/policy-makers.
2. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of Long Covid, especially definition of criteria/symptoms for diagnosis (independent of test results).
3. Multidisciplinary research, consultations, support and rehabilitation programmes for/on Long Covid
- Covid SchweizLong Covid Schweiz also works with Altea Netzwerk a private initiative that’s aiming to support Long covid sufferers.
- There’s also a Swiss-French group
- A crowd lobbying initiative in Switzerland
- Federal Public Health Office on Long Covid
- Website of LCS has more than 10,000 visits, is main information hub on long covid. Facebook group with 1,700 members, twitter handle with >1,500 followers.
- LCS jointly with epidemiologists from Zurich University initiated Long Covid Citizen Science Board, won seed grant from UZH and ETH to finance the project. Goal is that sufferers of Long covid and ME/CFS define research priorities
- LCS helped set up and cooperates with Altea Netzwerk, an initiative that aims to support Long Covid sufferers
- Long Covid is being discussed in Swiss parliament based on several MP motions, which were supported by LCS (but not initiated by LCS)
Other members of Long COVID Europe
Long COVID Belgium (Wallonia) Covid long, nous existons Belgique In the Wallonia part of Belgium, the patient association ‘Covid long, nous existons Belgique’, together with the Flemisch counterpart, fights for the rights of the long-term Covid sufferers in...
Long COVID FranceWebsiteapresj20.fr Support groupfacebook.com/ApresJ20 Twittertwitter.com/apresj20 Contactassociation@apresj20.frHighlights Since April 2020, thanks to the hashtag #ApresJ20, patients have gathered in France on social networks, especially on Twitter....
Long COVID UKLong COVID Support Long Covid Support was formed by a group of people struggling to recover from Covid-19, who found each other online and have been facilitating international peer support and campaigning in the UK for recognition, rehabilitation and...
Long COVID GreeceLong COVID Greece Long Covid Greece is a newly founded initiative working towards formation of an organisation and website. It started initially as a Facebook group in March 2021, offering support and information in people and doctors affected by long...
Long COVID Belgium (Flanders)post-COVID gemeenschap In the Flemish part of Belgium, the Flemish patient association ‘post-COVID gemeenschap’, together with the Walloon counterpart, fights for the rights of the long-term Covid sufferers in Belgium.Websitepost-covid.be...
Long COVID GermanyWebsitelongcoviddeutschland.org Support groupLong COVID Deutschland Selbsthilfegruppe Twittertwitter.com/longdeutschland Contactinfo@longcoviddeutschland.orgHighlights 1. Participation in public hearings of the Committee on Health in the German...