Long COVID Switzerland
Long COVID Schweiz
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland.
Long Covid Switzerland is an association officially founded in March 2021 and based in Bern. It has its roots in a Facebook group, started in September 2020, which provides information and support to people affected by Long Covid in Switzerland. The main objectives LCS is fighting for are:
1. Recognition of Long Covid as a medical condition and awareness among the medical profession/population/policy-makers.
2. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of Long Covid, especially definition of criteria/symptoms for diagnosis (independent of test results).
3. Multidisciplinary research, consultations, support and rehabilitation programmes for/on Long Covid
- Covid SchweizLong Covid Schweiz also works with Altea Netzwerk a private initiative that’s aiming to support Long covid sufferers.
- There’s also a Swiss-French group
- A crowd lobbying initiative in Switzerland
- Federal Public Health Office on Long Covid
- Website of LCS has more than 10,000 visits, is main information hub on long covid. Facebook group with 1,700 members, twitter handle with >1,500 followers.
- LCS jointly with epidemiologists from Zurich University initiated Long Covid Citizen Science Board, won seed grant from UZH and ETH to finance the project. Goal is that sufferers of Long covid and ME/CFS define research priorities
- LCS helped set up and cooperates with Altea Netzwerk, an initiative that aims to support Long Covid sufferers
- Long Covid is being discussed in Swiss parliament based on several MP motions, which were supported by LCS (but not initiated by LCS)
Other members of Long COVID Europe
Long COVID AustriaLong COVID Austria Long Covid Austria was founded at the end of January 2021. It quickly grew from a Facebook Patient Support Group into a Patient Advocacy Initiative, actively pushing the press to address the issue and increase visibility. We...
Long COVID BelgiumPlease choose your region: Flanders WalloniaOther members of Long COVID Europe HungaryIrelandItalyScotlandSpain
Long COVID CyprusLong COVID Cyprus Long Covid Cyprus was formed under the Cyprus Federation of Patients’ Associations in April 2022 by patients suffering with long-term COVID19-related symptoms. Long Covid Cyprus currently has more than 500 members, an active online...
Long COVID FranceWebsiteapresj20.fr Support groupfacebook.com/ApresJ20 Twittertwitter.com/apresj20 Contactassociation@apresj20.frHighlights Since April 2020, thanks to the hashtag #ApresJ20, patients have gathered in France on social networks, especially on Twitter....
Long COVID GermanyWebsitelongcoviddeutschland.org Support groupLong COVID Deutschland Selbsthilfegruppe Twittertwitter.com/longdeutschland Contactinfo@longcoviddeutschland.orgHighlights 1. Participation in public hearings of the Committee on Health in the German...
Long COVID GreeceLong COVID Greece Long Covid Greece is a newly founded initiative working towards formation of an organisation and website. It started initially as a Facebook group in March 2021, offering support and information in people and doctors affected by long...
Long COVID NetherlandsWebsitehttps://longcovidnederland.wordpress.com/ Patient Support group Long COVID Nederland (PASC) - langdurige corona klachten | Facebook 1) The 6th of July we handed over our petition, signed by more than 12.000 people, to members of the Dutch...
Long COVID SwedenWebsitehttps://longcovidsweden.wixsite.com/my-site-1 Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/711295843056025/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/304035760933732?locale=sv_SE Contactlongcovidsweden@gmail.comHighlights In early 2020 we were hit by the first...
Long COVID UKLong COVID Support Long Covid Support was formed by a group of people struggling to recover from Covid-19, who found each other online and have been facilitating international peer support and campaigning in the UK for recognition, rehabilitation and...